How Do Sunpower® Solar Panels Work?
Keep Cool with the Power of the Sun
When you install a SunPower® solar electric system in your home or business, you will be harnessing the power of the sun to keep you cool all summer long. Come winter, your SunPower® solar electric system will also use that same power from the sun to keep you warm. Though they appear complicated, solar panels as a source of power are straightforward, require minimal maintenance, and can help you save money. At SunPower® by Arizona Solar Concepts, our expert Phoenix solar panel Installation technicians are standing by to answer your questions about how you can harness the power of the Arizona sun to your benefit.
Are you ready to put the sun to work? Contact SunPower® by Arizona Solar Concepts today to find out how: (480) 462-6399.
Did You Know That Solar Panels Still Work on Cloudy Days?
When you elect to have a SunPower® solar electric system installed in your home or business, solar panels will be installed on your roof. These rooftop panels contain sunlight-absorbing silicon semiconductors that continue to work even on overcast or cloudy days. DC currents pass through an inverter where they then become AC currents. This electricity is then used to power your home in an eco-friendly, cost-effective way. It’s that simple!
In addition to generating maximum energy for your home or business, a solar electric system can:
- Provide you with a clean source of energy
- Decrease utility bills and maintenance costs
- Qualify you for tax credits and rebates
- Increase the value of your property
You will even earn energy credits from your utility company during periods when your solar panels are producing more energy than you need!
Interested in hearing more about what it's like to work with us? Take a look at our Testimonials page to read some of our reviews!
How Many Solar Panels Do I Need for My Home?
Your home is unique to you and your family. It has a specific design, style, and look – and your family has specific energy consumption demands. You might love staying at home and watching movies together each night, for example. Or, you may rarely stay at home and not even turn on the air conditioner to save money and power. As such, when it comes to home solar panel systems, the amount you need for your home will be unique to your house and family as well.
To get an optimal number of solar panels for your home’s system, don’t just do whatever your neighbors have done. Certainly, don’t just pick a number at random, either! You could end up with an inefficient system that causes burnouts or end up paying more than you need on installation and upkeep due to having extra solar panels. To figure out how many solar panels your home needs, consider this:
- Wattage used: Your electricity bills should tell you how many kilowatt hours (kWh) you use each month. Grab bills as far back as you can to get a monthly average. Next, take those monthly averages and divide each by 30 to see daily averages per month.
- Sunlight hours: Of course, you need the sun to power your solar panels. If you live up in the northern hemisphere or somewhere that gets rainfall several times a week, your sunlight hours will be less than the average person. Being in the desert to the south, though, means you have more sunlight than most.
- Installation space: Lastly, determine where on your property you can actually install solar panels. Homes come in all shapes and sizes, so installing them on your rooftop might not be an option for you. Is there an alternative location on your property, like a field in the backyard or a separate garage?
Now that you have made your calculations and considerations about solar panels on your property. What do you do with it? Simple! Hand it over to your local solar panel installer so they can figure out the details for you. At SunPower® by Arizona Solar Concepts, headquartered in Phoenix, we are proud to be the trusted name in solar panel installers throughout the region. Talk with a member of our team about your wattage usage, property layout, and sunlight hours – down here in Arizona, you can expect plenty of those most of the year. We will help you determine the right amount of solar panels based on your specific needs, getting you equipped with a fantastic and futuristic solar panel system before you know it.